The Ultimate Guide to River Tubing in New Braunfels, Texas
New Braunfels, Texas is famous for its rivers and water activities, especially river tubing. With the Comal and Guadalupe Rivers running through the city, there is no shortage of fun in the sun for locals and tourists alike. Here is the ultimate guide to river tubing in New Braunfels, Texas.
- What is River Tubing?
River tubing is a fun activity that involves floating down a river on an inflatable tube. It's a relaxing and refreshing way to enjoy the outdoors and take in the beauty of nature. In New Braunfels, river tubing is a popular summertime activity that draws visitors from all over the country.
- Best Time to Go
The best time to go river tubing in New Braunfels is during the summer months, between May and September. During this time, the weather is warm, and the water is refreshing. The peak season for river tubing is between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, so plan accordingly.
- What to Bring
When going river tubing, it's important to bring a few essentials to ensure a fun and safe experience. You'll need an inflatable tube, sunscreen, a waterproof phone case, a hat or visor, and plenty of water to stay hydrated. It's also a good idea to wear water shoes or sandals to protect your feet from rocks and other debris in the river.
- River Tubing Routes
There are two main rivers for tubing in New Braunfels: the Comal River and the Guadalupe River.
Comal River: The Comal River is a shorter and gentler river than the Guadalupe, making it a great option for families with young children or those looking for a more leisurely experience. The Comal River is open for tubing year-round, and there are several outfitters in the area that provide tube rentals.
Guadalupe River: The Guadalupe River is longer and more challenging than the Comal, with more rapids and twists and turns. It's a popular destination for experienced tubers and thrill-seekers. The Guadalupe River is also open for tubing year-round, but peak season is during the summer months.
- River Tubing Safety Tips
While river tubing is a fun and exciting activity, it's important to stay safe on the water. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Always wear a life jacket. Even if you're a strong swimmer, a life jacket can help keep you safe in case of an accident or emergency.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion.
- Stay together. Never separate from your group or go tubing alone.
- Don't litter. Keep the rivers clean by properly disposing of trash and other waste.
- River Tubing Outfitters
There are several outfitters in New Braunfels that provide tube rentals and shuttle services to and from the rivers. Here are a few popular options:
- Comal Tubes: Comal Tubes is one of the oldest and most popular tubing outfitters in New Braunfels. They offer tube rentals for the Comal River, as well as shuttle services to and from the river.
- Rockin' R River Rides: Rockin' R River Rides offers tube rentals for both the Comal and Guadalupe Rivers, as well as shuttle services and other water activities like kayaking and rafting.
- Texas Tubes: Texas Tubes offers tube rentals for the Comal River, as well as shuttle services and other water activities like paddleboarding and canoeing.
- Other Water Activities
In addition to river tubing, there are several other water activities to enjoy in New Braunfels, including kayaking, paddleboarding, and fishing. The city also has several parks